A workshop on e-signatures standardisation activities took place in Paris on November 21 in Salons de l’Aveyron. Hosted by the European Committee for Standardization (CEN) and the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), the workshop presented the draft rationalised framework on e-signatures and its objectives. It gave the opportunity to express and discuss comments with the initiators of the project and the stakeholders involved in the standardization activities.
Various stakeholders including European members states, industry, standards organisations and European projects participated in order to achieve the best outcome of the work and the widest possible share of views among all parties concerned.
eSign Workshop’s Presentations:
– Keynote by the European Commission: European Context on eSignatures
- Presentation of Mandate M/460 Objectives (Antonio Conte, EC DG ENTR)
- Revision of the e-signatures directive (Gérard Galler, EC DG INFSO): download the presentation
– Introduction to the work progress for Phase 1 of M/460 e-Sign Mandate
- Presentation of the consolidated draft of the Rationalised Framework for European electronic signatures standards: Download the presentation
- Future Work Plan for eSignatures Rationalised Framework and Gap Analysis
– Panel on users expectations and future perspectives on standardisation on electronic signatures:
- Pan-European Public Procurement OnLine (PEPPOL): download here
- Simple Procedures Online for Cross- Border Services (SPOCS): download here
- e-CODEX: download here
- ChamberSign: download here
- Gaming and Betting Association: download here
- eProcurement/esignatures needs: download here
- eID aspects and esignatures: download here
- Banking sector: download here
Get more information on the European “Rationalized Framework for Electronic Signatures” here.