Margo Tank of Buckley Sandler LLP, was a featured presenter in an audio conference entitled “Building Effective Electronic Records and Electronic Records Management Systems: Navigating the Legal Traps” on June 10, 2009. You can order an audio CD of the presentation.
Program highlights include:
- The new regulatory landscape that requires counsel take responsibility for assuring that electronic records and electronic signatures are created, managed and stored in a way that businesses can feel comfortable that their transactions will be enforceable and they will be able to meet regulatory requirements
- The demanding criteria that courts are imposing for producing electronic records in litigation that will be accepted as evidence
- The strategies plaintiff’s counsel are taught to cast doubt on corporate electronic records, and potentially block their admissibility into evidence
- The responsibilities of counsel to understand, and be accountable for, the IT systems, applications and electronic records that are produced in discovery or in enforcement actions
- The technology standards against which electronic records management will be evaluated